Crash / engine guards for CRF 250 Rally

It seems that the guys in Indonesia have been busy for a while now, but other crash bar options are still a well kept secret.

I haven’t bought any as of yet, but will collect some info here on whats available. Hopefully it will be helpful for some of you too.

If you know of some bars that are not listed, please let me know.

*Apologies for the borrowed imagery. I trust that accessory manufacturers will benefit from me featuring their products and tolerate me borrowing some pics.

Coriaz Motoadveture bars

20293989_1948766515379770_901170298687398820_n
Picture borrowed from their Facebook page

The Photo isn’t the best possible, but searching for #coriazmotoadventure in Instagram will get you better pics.

Demo Moto Desing bars

15585413_1152420678209569_7714885202327908582_o
Picture borrowed from their Facebook page

Advance Adventure co. bars

IMG_20171103_112218
Picture borrowed from their Instagram page

T-Rex Racing Engine guards

Picture grabbed from their installation video
Picture grabbed from their installation video

GP Kompozit

s-l1600

Advertisements

18 Comments Add yours

1. Looks GREAT on there! 😀

2. aleks says:

The first option is definitely for those who wanted a R1200GS, but couldn’t afford it… 😦 In my opinion all the options spoil the looks of Rally.

1. 250rally says:

Some of the bars also look like they would not survive a crash and maybe even cause more damage than without… Don’t want to judge without seeing them first hand though.

Liked by 1 person

1. Marcus Deubel says:

You are right. Especially the second one. It’s just mount to plastics. Not to the frame.

3. Andrew King says:

I like the look of the Advance Adventure bars.
    I might try and get a set and mess around with colours. A gloss red would look great.

Liked by 1 person

1. 250rally says:

Yeah, my favourite too. The T-rex bars look business, but I don’t like the lower cross bar. It looks like it’s bound to snag on to stuff rather than slide over.

4. Constant Wahl says:

Just ride it and crash it guys! Only thing that happened to my plastics after crashing so many times I don’t care to count anymore on a recent trip to Namibia, was 2 tabs. The one tab was glued back on and the other was not really necessary. Both tabs only broke due to the 1 fall were my foot was caught directly beneath the plastic…

Liked by 1 person

5. I think hepco&becker as well as sw-motech now have some kind of engine crash bars out for the Rally

1. 250rally says:

Neither one has any crash bars listed on their website for the Rally. Where did you get this info?

1. mbravorus says:

You can see the H&B ones here – https://www.louis.eu/artikel/hepco-becker-engine-crashbar-fuer-honda-crf-250-rally-euro-4/10023300 and for sw-motech, I might have been mistaken – there are crash bars for CRF-250L, but not for the Rally (I _might_ have seen somewhere that it fits, but can’t find any evidence at the moment)

2. 250rally says:

It does seem that Louis states that Hepco has a suitable bars for the Honda. Hepcos own website doesn’t have anything for the Rally, nor is anything available from ebay for Rally by H&P. I also don’t think the chrome bars pictured on the Louis.de site are for the Rally.

3. mbravorus says:

Quick googling has turned up this – https://bigbiketech.com/products/5019760001 – though why Philippines is ahead of the rest of the world is not immediately obvious. I would expect that you can ask Louis about details, them being German and having lots of ordnung, probably the best bet.

6. 250rally says:

Good find again. That won’t work for the Rally though. The picture is the same as the one on Hepco & Becker’s European site. The part is listed for the 250 L only.

To me it seems that Big Bike tech is selling the 250 L crash bars for the Rally. This obviously means having to seriously modify the fairings to make them “fit”.

7. mbravorus says:

People on the advrider thread have also unearthed crash bars made in Turkey by GP Kompozit. I somehow lost the link to the OEM web shop, but they are also sold (quite cheaply) out of Prague (?) on Ebay – https://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-CRF-250-RALLY-2016-2017-CRASH-BAR-ENGINE-GUARD-FRAME-PROTECTOR-FAIRINGS/162848525759

P.S. found the OEM website, it’s in Turkish but Google Translate works – http://www.gpkompozit.com/HONDA,LA_7-2.html#labels=95-2

Liked by 1 person

1. 250rally says:

Thanks for the info!

8. I use Agna crash bar, made in Indonesia. Dropped the bike once at rocky terrain with no visible damage, though the drop was in very low speed.