Went through the fairings piece by piece. Turns out they are not made from the same material.
- The rear side panel is made out of plain ABS (not good)
- The black front side panel is made out of plain ABS (not good)
- The red part on the front side panel is PP = polypropylene (good)
- The front bash plate is made out of PA6+ABS+GF12 which is a nylon, ABS and glass fiber (12%)mix (heat resistant?)
- The bottom bash plate is made out of PP (good)
I found out that the corresponding panels on the left and right are not made from the same material. On the exhaust side (right) the middle cowl and side cover are PA6+ABS+GF12.
In theory the fragile ABS front side fairing can be separated from the red PP part and still be able keep the red part mounted to the bike. Ruins the looks though.
The use of fragile ABS is a big let down. Boo Honda.